Since 1997 Immagimondo – Festival of travels, places and cultures has been bringing the whole world to Lecco and Lecco in the world.
Travellers, writers, scholars, photographers, musicians meet every year in order to exchange ideas, suggestions, travel experiences in one of the most important and historic travel festivals at national level.
The Festival was born in order to further an idea of travel that takes its origins in curiosity and will to know peoples, places and cultures of the world, promoting tourism practiced with respect and responsibility.
The Festival is structured in several sections:
- Photographic exhibitions: Monica Bulaj, Ivo Saglietti, Francesco Cito, Uliano Lucas, Marcello Bonfanti, Giuseppe Tornatore, Carlo Mauri are some of the most iconic photographers who have shown their works in the past editions
- Conferences: indepht examinations of issues related to travels, cooperation, sustainability and confrontation between cultures. Tra i relatori, giornalisti, scrittori, docenti universitari
- Presentation of books
- Showing of amateur and professional movies and travel documentaries
- Meeting with reporters, travel writers and artists known to the general public
- Didactic and recreational workshops
- Music events: the 2015 edition hosted Orchestra di Via Padova
- Tavoli dei Viaggiatori: travellers present their stories and pictures
- Exposition area for responsible tourism, ecotourism, publishers, tour operators, non profit organizations
- LibrInViaggio: exhibition of new titles about travel available for consultation during the main weekend of the Festival. The collected books are then given to the Library of Lecco.